Wednesday, December 31, 2008

One picture is worth a thousand words.


This is Brennan. I cannot tell you how many times I have found him over the last few months hiding-his mouth full of something. A couple months ago I found him shut in the pantry...mind you there is only about 6 inches between the shelves and the door-he had a mouth full of chocolate chips. I have also found him under the table with different things-including the container of sugar. This last episode was when we were watching some family videos together. He was being so nice and quiet and really into the video-I thought. I knew that he was lying under the coffee table, but what I didn't know was that he was eating a candy cane....this is how I found him. Needless to say...discipline was involved. Not 2 days later we were out Christmas caroling. We stopped at our friends house and they offered him a candy cane. I said that he could take it, but we weren't going to have it right now. While I was talking to my friends, I see him out of the corner of my eye crouching down and running to hide (military like) behind a bush in their yard. I went over to the bush and he was sitting down behind it with a mouth full of candy cane. "Mommy-it was broken, so I had to eat it". I have to say-it is hilarious when we find him...but it has become a matter of obedience and his heart. Yes, you can laugh.

No comments: