Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year thoughts...

Last night the kids and I sat down on my bed and talked about this last year and about the new year to come. I wanted to journal some of their thoughts. I am not going to include them all, because some of them were really personal to Lauren, but I will share some sweet and funny ones.

First I asked the kids what events they really enjoyed from 2008.

Joshua- sitting around the Christmas tree and loving (so sweet)
Brennan- playing with toys, going to cabin, playing with Mommy
Lauren-getting ears pierced (pictures to follow)

Next-what didn't you enjoy about 2008?

All-when Nana died
Brennan-doing the trash cans (his job is to bring all the trash cans from around the house to the main one in the kitchen) and discpline (at least he's honest)

What things do you want to accomplish this year and what character qualities do you want to work on this year?

J-"Put a soft boiled egg on my egg cup (it is this little egg holder he got from a Christmas cracker), self control and I want to teach Christians how they can hear God in their life". ( I made him repeat this one-I almost cried when I heard this). He told me recently that now that he is getting bigger ears he can hear Jesus talking to him more. He said usually he hears him early in the morning, but it is actually not through his ears, but Jesus talks to him through his heart. Soooo precious.

B-"Gentleness, not hitting people, not screaming, not tearing people down and only building others up" (These are his exact words-HE IS LISTENING!!)

I pray that I would give the Lord my full attention this year and that my eyes would stay fixed on Him. If you are listening to the music I have on the blog, the first song to play is called "Full Attention" by Jeremy Riddle. The words of this song are my prayer.

No comments: