




This year for Lauren's Christmas present we took her to get her ears pierced! She has been talking about it for awhile, but we wanted to make sure that she was ready not only to have it done, but also for the responsibility of taking care of them. I wanted her to be the one to clean them 3 times a day for the first 6 weeks! For a long time she really had a fear of shots, needles, blood work etc...but she has been getting allergy shots since August (1 in each arm-1-2 times a week) and handling it like a champ! Sooo we figured she could handle this. Greg and I went and checked everything out ahead of time. On Christmas we gave her a certificate that I had made up that said she was getting her ears pierced. She was so excited. Claires has a video online that you watch about the whole process and the aftercare, so we watched that. I made arrangements for the boys and then then a few days later Greg and I took her to get them done. The bottom picture is her ears one last time without earrings. Notice the red on her cheek...Greg had kissed her allover her ears, so he could get some pre earring kisses in. His whiskers kind of scratched up her face. We went straight to Claire's, she picked out the cutest little pink (of course) flowers, got in the chair and had a smile on almost the whole time. She barely even flinched when the girl did it! We were so proud of her! Afterwards she asked for hot chocolate from Starbucks, so of course we didn't complain! She has been taking care of them all by herself and so far everything is going well!




2 comments:
I love the pic of Greg kissing her! Precious! In the top picture, Lauren looks soooooo grown up! I hate it. Make her stop growing up, please!
she is so precious!
I saw her today in her little pink beret and thought "wow! she's getting so big!" wished I would have known to comment on how beautiful her ears were. :)
Post a Comment