Saturday, April 11, 2009
Doing well.
The bronchoscopy on Weds. went fine. The hardest part was all the crazy stuff they had to give me to numb my nose, throat, chest, trachea. It was pretty nasty stuff that I had to inhale, sniff up my nose, swallow...but I was thankful for it. I also had a shot of something to dry stuff up in my throat. I also had an IV that once the good stuff went in..I was out like a light. I wish I could buy that at the store! J/K...well not really. I know I was talking to the doctor one second and the next second I was waking up. I actually do remember coughing, but it was dream like and I could hear someone telling me to try to stop coughing. I got some pictures of it all. It is so weird to see your insides! The doctor was able to see the tears and then also found another anomaly called tracheal diverticulum. I guess it is really rare and you can either be born with it or you can develop it from sever coughing which would be consistent with my history. I have been reading up about it and it would sure explain a lot of why I get really sick, get bronchitis almost every year and can't get over things as easy as someone else. My throat was stinkin sore after for a couple days and I felt really medicated. I made G promise not to take any videos of me acting goofy, but now I kind of wish that I could have seen it. My friend said that when we came to pick up Lauren I couldn't figure out how to get the window down to talk to her and was banging all over to door, so she finally opened the door for me. I wish I could remember that. G was driving by the way. I have a follow up appt. on Weds. and we will go from there. There is a lot I still don't know, but I am thankful for great doctors and a God who is in control.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment