Thursday, August 28, 2008

ICE CREAM!


Joshua got to have a special ice cream date with me on Tuesday, because on Monday he climbed to the top of the rope at gymnastics. I told the kids from the very beginning that if they climbed to the top of the rope (there are 2-1 smaller one-maybe 10 feet or so and the other one is scary high in the big gym) that I would get them an ice cream. I really didn't think of this as bribe-just a fun treat for accomplishing something they worked hard at. Maybe it is a bribe-I don't know-whatever...Joshua got ice cream! I was watching him throught the window and when he got to the top he just turned around with a HUGE Joshua smile and waved. As soon as he came out-the first thing out of his mouth was - I get ice cream now!! I don't think we have even talked about it for a year or so. FUNNY the things they actually remember!

No comments: